What do I need to do if my street is renamed?

The Town of Carrboro will change addresses for residents and businesses within the following operations:

  • U.S. Postal Service: You do not need to request a change of address form.
  • Utilities: The Town will alert the following agencies regarding street name changes:
    • Orange County Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) 
    • Orange County Tax Office
    • Duke Energy
    • Dominion Energy
  • Voter Registration: The Town will notify the Orange County Board of Elections to update voting records.
  • Emergency Services: the Town will update all of its emergency services of new street names, including:
    • Carrboro Police Department
    • Carrboro Fire-Rescue Department
    • 911

You do NOT need to notify these agencies. Your street name will be updated with no action on your part.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to do if my street is renamed?
2. When can I start making changes to reflect my address?
3. What will residents and businesses be responsible for changing, where applicable?
4. What should businesses consider following a street renaming?
5. How can I apply for financial assistance?